- Flower pose
Try this fun balancing pose this spring!
- Strengthens core muscles and arms
- Opens hips and chest
- Improves balance and concentration
- Sit down with the soles of your feet together.
- Bring your hands to the floor behind you for support and engage your core muscles.
- Lift your feet into the air.
- Try this challenge: Hold on to your ankles and lift your feet into the air!
- Act out The Tiny Seed by Eric Carle or other plant-related books.
- Head to the garden to plant flowers and try this pose outside!
- Try to "smell your flower" by bringing your toes to your nose.
Pose description courtesy of Susan Cline Lucey of Evolution Prenatal & Family Yoga Center in Burlington and Essex. Find online classes for kids and adults at evolutionprentalandfamily.com.