Click on the cyclist icons to see photo of the current state of bicycle accommodations in that spot.
The colored lines symbolize the City of Burlington's future plan, last updated in 2007. The colors mean the following:
- Pink - Complete Streets have accomodations for all forms of travel. This includes lanes for motorists and cyclists, landscaped medians, enhanced transit stops, and short crossings for pedestrians.
- Dark blue - Travel Streets are meant to expedite transit vehicles. They do not have bike lanes; bicycles are diverted down parallel streets.
- Green - Bicycle Streets give bicycles priority treatment with lanes and signage designed to maximize convenience and awareness of cyclists.
- Orange - Slow Streets are in the downtown-core and are designed to slow down traffic for the benefit of pedestrians.
- Red - Pedestrian Streets are closed to motorists and cyclists, unless walking their bikes -- only pedestrians are allowed.
- Aqua - Bicycle Paths are paved and unpaved paths and trails for the exclusive use of bicycles and pedestrians. Motor vehicles are banned.
View Larger Map