Missed out on the deluge of Burlington mayoral debates over the past few weeks? Never fear! We’re throwing our own this afternoon — and it’s going to be a good one.
Here are the detes: Today, Thursday, at 5 p.m. at City Hall Auditorium.
We’ll also be live-streaming the debate on our website and taking questions via our Facebook page and Twitter (#btvmayor). You can read our coverage of the race thus far here.
If you're watching from home, or a bar, grab a flask or a beer and play our handy Burlington Mayoral Debate Drinking Game. Because, hey, it’s five o’clock somewhere! Like Burlington, for instance, when our debate starts…
Here are the rules. Take a swig every time:
- Republican Kurt Wright mentions a Democrat or an independent supporting his candidacy.
- Wright mentions why he’s a proud Republican. Don’t worry; it won’t happen.
- Democrat Miro Weinberger listens to a question, pauses and begins his answer with the name of whoever just asked the question. (It’s probably something his debate coach taught him.)
- Independent Wanda Hines mentions that she grew up in the Old North End and attended Burlington public schools.
- One of candidates says something not-very-nice about Mayor Bob Kiss.
- Weinberger weaves his slogan, A Fresh Start, into an answer. For instance, “Andy, I think Bob Kiss hasn’t imported enough purple ponies to Burlington. That’s why, if you will, Burlington needs a fresh start.” Drink thrice.
- Hines tells the boys to stop bickering. And they keep bickering.
- Weinberger tries to link Wright to Kiss, or calls him “the self-proclaimed de facto mayor.”
- Wright apologizes for calling the cops at a Burlington City Council meeting.
- Wright mentions the cops endorsed him.
- Weinberger mentions that he has a very specific plan to deal with the subject at hand. And you can find it on his website. For instance, “Kristin, I think it’s unfortunate that Bob Kiss and de facto mayor Kurt Wright failed to import enough purple ponies to Burlington. That’s why I have a plan on my website to bring a fresh start, if you will, to purple ponies in Burlington.” Drink six times.
- Wright calls the cops.
Have any more suggestions? Comment below or tweet ‘em.