We listed a bunch of inaugural events in our NOW e-newsletter this week. Here's a recap, in case you missed it:
- Inauguration Party, hosted by Democracy for America and Vermont Daily Briefing, Tuesday, January 20, Nectar's, Burlington, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. Free.
- Inauguration Screening, Tuesday, January 20, McCullough Student Center, Middlebury College, noon, free.
- Inauguration Screening, Tuesday, January 20, Ilsley Public Library, Middlebury, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Free, bring a dish to share to the potluck.
- Inauguration Footage, Tuesday, January 20, McCarthy Arts Center, St. Michael's College, Colchester, 9:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. Free.
- Inauguration Celebration, Tuesday, January 20, Montpelier City Hall Auditorium, 11 a.m. - 10 p.m. Free, bring a potluck dessert to the evening dance party, featuring the Dave Keller Band.
- Obama Inauguration Celebration, hosted by the Rutland County Democrats, Tuesday, January 20, Table 24, Rutland, 11:30 a.m., Donations.
- Inaugurating Hope, Tuesday, January 20, Big Picture Theater & Café, Waitsfield, 5-9 p.m. $4-6, bring a potluck dish to share.
- People's Inaugural Ball, Tuesday, January 20, Langdon Street Café, Montpelier, 8-11 p.m. Free.
- 'Yes We Did' Inauguration Celebration, Tuesday, January 20, Hanover Inn, Hanover, NH, 5:30-9:30 p.m. $20 includes appetizers and one drink ticket.
And if you haven't yet had your fill of inauguration coverage, check out The Chicago Reader's comprehensive Obama Reader. Some great links here to articles from the Reader's archive, including their first profile of Obama, from 1995.
The Washington City Paper also has a comprehensive Inauguration Guide, with info on news and events in D.C.
For coverage of locals headed to D.C., check out the Community Reports blog on WPTZ's website. We'll also have reports here on Blurt from our correspondent Kevin J. Kelley, who's in D.C. covering the event for the Keyan paper The Nation.