This week, Attorney General Bill Sorrell and Chittenden County State's Attorney T.J. Donovan are back to just plain debating — twice. Tonight they'll face off at a Shelburne Town Hall debate hosted by the Chittenden County Democratic Party. On Thursday, they'll go head-to-head on Vermont Public Television. Next Wednesday, August 15, Seven Days and Channel 17 are hosting an AG's primary debate at Burlington City Hall.
Below is a schedule of the debates scheduled thus far. Stay tuned for additions, as both campaigns have expressed a willingness to schedule a few more. Cuz nine debates clearly won't do the trick.
- Tuesday, July 31 — Vi Coffin Memorial Forum — Strafford Town House — 7 p.m. — See coverage from the Valley News, the Burlington Free Press and the BFP's vt.Buzz blog. Listen to the debate here.
- Wednesday Aug. 1 — Taping of WCAX's "You Can Quote Me" — Two-part debate to be broadcast Sunday, Aug. 5 and Sunday, Aug. 12 — See coverage from WCAX, the Associated Press and the Times Argus. Watch part 1 of the debate here.
- Tuesday, Aug. 7 — Chittenden County Democrats' Debate — Shelburne Town Hall — 7 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 9 — Vermont Public Television Debate — 8 p.m.
- Monday, Aug. 13 — Debate on WDEV's The Mark Johnson Show — 9 a.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 15 — Seven Days & Channel 17 Debate — 5 p.m. — Burlington City Hall (and streamed live on 7dvt.com)
- Thursday, Aug. 16 — Burlington Free Press Debate, Pt. 1 — Noon — Streamed live on burlingtonfreepress.com
- Tuesday, Aug. 21 — Burlington Free Press Debate, Pt. 2 — Noon — Streamed live on burlingtonfreepress.com
- Thursday, Aug. 23 — VPR's Vermont Edition — Noon