Event Publishing Criteria
Information for All Event Submissions
NOTE: This event submission form is for events only. Use the classifieds form to submit postings for class listings, support groups and volunteer requests.
- COST: It's FREE! There is no cost to list events in Seven Days.
- DEADLINES: Noon on the Thursday prior to the Wednesday of publication. Dates vary prior to Thanksgiving, Christmas and 4th of July.
If your event starts on a...
- Wednesday, your deadline is (6) days prior.
- Thursday, your deadline is (7) days prior.
- Friday, your deadline is (8) days prior.
- Saturday, your deadline is (9) days prior.
- Sunday, your deadline is (10) days prior.
- Monday, your deadline is (11) days prior.
- Tuesday, your deadline is (12) days prior.
- POSTING DATE: Events are published online and in the newspaper the week before they occur. Events published further in advance online are usually part of a recurring series.
- RECURRING EVENTS: If all dates are listed in your initial event submission, it is not necessary to re-submit listings each week for the duration of the series.
- CONTENT: Seven Days reserves the right to rewrite and edit all listings for style and space. Our editors read, edit and vet each submission to meet the section’s criteria and associated deadlines.
More about... Art Shows and Art Events
Art listings are restricted to exhibits in truly public places; exceptions may be made at the discretion of the editor.
More about... Club Dates
The club dates section includes music, karaoke, open mic, comedy and other events held in nightclubs, bars, restaurants or cafés. For events happening in venues other than these, please submit your information to the "calendar" section (see below).
More about... All Other Community Events
All other event types not listed above may be published in our calendar/events section. We will however, not publish the below events:
- Classes, workshops and seminars that cost more than $25
- Events south of Rt. 4
- Real estate open houses
- Religious services
- Retail sales/specials
- Donation drop-offs
- Online-only events
Paid Advertising Options
If you are interested in purchasing advertising for any event, regardless of the above criteria, please contact an account executive for details.
Selling Tickets for Your Event?
Seven Days Tickets is a self-service ticketing platform that combines the features you need to run a successful event with local promotion that sells more tickets.
- Food and Music Festivals
- Arts Events
- Concerts, Plays and Shows
- Conferences and Workshops