Brock Slams Zuckerman Over National Guard Comment in New Ad | Off Message

Brock Slams Zuckerman Over National Guard Comment in New Ad

by

7 comments
David Zuckerman, left, and Randy Brock at a WPTZ-TV debate last week in Burlington - SCREENSHOT
  • Screenshot
  • David Zuckerman, left, and Randy Brock at a WPTZ-TV debate last week in Burlington
Republican lieutenant governor candidate Randy Brock launched a new television ad Tuesday smacking Progressive/Democratic rival David Zuckerman over a comment Zuckerman made regarding the Vermont National Guard.

This marks the second time during the campaign that Brock has aired negative ads about Zuckerman, who held a strong lead in two recent polls as the two compete for the open lieutenant governor’s seat.

“Imagine our disgust when video surfaced showing David Zuckerman disparaging the guard for crass political gain,” the new ad’s narrator says. The ad then airs video of Zuckerman addressing a 2013 rally against F-35 fighter jets. He says: “When I look at what our planes did on 9/11, I don’t believe they stopped a single thing from happening.”

“Vermont needs a lieutenant governor who respects our National Guard,” the ad’s narrator says.
Last week, Zuckerman apologized for the 2013 comment after F-35 supporter Nicole Citro posted a video of the rally online.

Brock’s new ad is part of $10,000 in television time Brock bought on October 25, campaign spokesman Dustin Degree said.

In the last week, Zuckerman has spent $8,500 on television ads, which have sounded a positive message about the candidate without naming his opponent.


Comments (7)

Showing 1-7 of 7

Add a comment
 

Add a comment

Seven Days moderates comments in order to ensure a civil environment. Please treat the comments section as you would a town meeting, dinner party or classroom discussion. In other words, keep commenting classy! Read our guidelines...

Note: Comments are limited to 300 words.