Wow, last weekend was totally gorgeous. So much so that I didn't even look at my computer all weekend.
Ok, that's a lie. I did look at my computer, but only at night — Ann-Elise and I are watching the second season of Lost on DVD. We blew through 8 episodes last weekend — two months worth of TV! But only after we spent a lot of time outside picking apples at Shelburne Orchards and enjoying the weather. Honest.
What other Vermonters did last weekend:
• My favorite character actor and playwright showed up for a gubernatorial debate in Brattleboro. I, too, met WS. London, 1996, the 3rd night of the run of his play, The Designated Mourner. I was drunk. I put my hand on his shoulder. I said, "I loved you in the Princess Bride." He looked at me, looked down at my hand, and hissed, "Thank you." I have never in my life been more embarrassed.
• Applefest, photos, Rummy scarf, via Now Norma Knits.
• Embarrassing proposal, and apples, via runswithscissors.
• Frosty gardening wishes, via Vermont Gardener.
• Harvest report, via Sugar Mountain Farm.