I usually spend my Mondays hunched over my computer here at the Seven Days office, and today is no exception. Actually, it's a little bit of an exception, because I just turned in all my work, and it's not even 3 o'clock yet. Yay! Also an exceptional day because my one-month-old son had a rough night, which means I did too. Got just three hours of sleep. Yikes! Here's a picture of the little guy all bundled up as he and his other mom get ready to drive me to work.
Some links to keep you busy while I recover from my severe sleep deprivation:
• Remember last year, when this blogger made it into the White House press conferences? He grew up in VT, fyi. His dad is with the Vermont AP.
• My friend Ita's speech to activists at an International Women's Day peace march and rally. Ita and her partner are also having a baby, hence the name of her blog.
• She does cool comics. So why is she on hiatus? Join me in asking her to return.
• Another Vermont journalist blogger.
• Bill from Candleblog is at South By Southwest.
• New blog from the Stowe Reporter devoted to "Coverage and Commentary of the Ski Bum Series." If you're into that sort of thing...
• What's old Ernesto Burden up to these days? The former New Media Manager for the Rutland Herald/Times Argus moved to NH a few months back and now look what he's doing. Guess where he got that brilliant idea...
UPDATE: I left out Philip Baruth's lovely little Obama/Sanders exchange from Vermont Daily Briefing:
* Obama, riffing on all of the reasons to put Berniein the Senate: “He’s not one of these guys who goes up there to ridearound in limousines, or eat fancy steak dinners. Or buy expensivesuits. [Takes a long look back at Bernie] You know that’s nota problem in Bernie’s case. [Chuckles] Where’d you get that suit,Bernie? [Chuckles again, nods his head] Right off the rack.”