Tim Nulty from Burlington Telecom contacted me this week and asked me to spread the word to all the techies I know that he's looking to hire a part-time, after-hours help desk person. Pay is negotiable. It may be possible to do some work from home. He emailed me a whole list of specs for the job, which is too long to post here.
- Evening and Weekend shift coverage. Three nights a week from 5pm until 9pm plus Sat & Sun 11am to 9pm
- Does basic trouble shooting with end user and determines whether the trouble is inside or outside using BT equipment tools (ie, OSI Platform to determine if fiber point is lit)
- Able to answer general product questions or check on status of an order after hours if needed
- Strong knowledge of Windows 98, ME, 2000, and XP and Mac OS
- Knowledge of Ethernet, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, and FTP protocols
- Knowledge of network troubleshooting utilities such as ping, ipconfig, and nslookup
Interested? Contact Tim at tnulty@ci.Burlington.vt.us. If you get hired, ask him if you can blog from work about what it's like to work at a municipally owned internet/cable/phone company.