Got an email the other day from Joshua Terry, creator of Vermont News at 5, which has been on my VT blogroll for a month or so. He said thanks for linking, but he asked me to remove the site, since he's taken it down. Apparently, blogger wasn't working for him. And I ran into Jerome Armstrong at Speeder & Earl's last week. He's taking off any day now for the DC area, so I've removed MyDD from the blogroll.
These departures spurred me to mention some of the recent additions to my Vermont blogroll, which now lists 85 local blogs. Here's just a few:
• #!/usr/bin/geek: An unfair and unbalanced look at the left.
• A Weight Lifted: "A healthy weight-loss blog for women tired of dieting."
• BiznerFlicks: "The inane ramblings of a 23-year-old aspiring filmmaker in Vermont as he temps his way to ??"
• David Usher: Musings about technology, telecom, policy, war, etc.
• Hazen Area Behind the Trees: "Alternative news and information from Craftsbury to Hardwick to Greensboro, Vermont."
• Leaning Birch: Photos, poetry and essays about Vermont.
• New York Ex: Lesbian, ex-New Yorker.
• Notes of a Soulless One: Religion, politics, mass culture, urgent rants, etc.
• Out of the Overflow: Christian bloggers.
• The Experimental Kitchen: Recipes and cooking tips.
• The Fat Bald Married Guy: "He traded hair for children. He mows the lawn. He drives the minivan. He fights with the kids over the Playstation controller. He likes to eat; DOESN'T like to jog...Who is he? He's The Fat Bald Married Guy....and he's not alone."
• The View from Kirby Mountain: Extolling the evils of wind farms.
• Vermont's Other President: My new blog about the oft neglected Chester A. Arthur.
• Viridis Monster: "The journal of a mad linguist in the Green Mountains of Vermont."
Want your blog to make the list? Are you a) in Vermont? b) over 18 (or have your parents'/guardians' permission)? c) do you update your blog fairly regularly? Send me your URL, and I'll add ya. The more, the merrier.
And don't forget to vote for BEST VERMONT BLOG here by July 5. It's item #45.